The other day, I wrote these words to one of our nearest and dearest friends, "I pray for a heart, but unfortunately I can't go get one for him; I pray for strength for him, but he still is exhausted... his anxiety gets so high at times, yet there is nothing I can do or say to lessen it. Try as I will, I'm in a place where all I can do is wait upon God, rest in him and trust that He is working out things for the good."
Today is Monday the 13th of June and Dick and Richard, our son, left at 5:00 AM this morning for Minneapolis to see Dick's cardiologist. Around noon I received a call from Richard telling me that they had arrived safely and that Dr. Masri, Dick's cardiologist, is going before the board tomorrow recommending that Dick be placed back on the 1A list. The reason why he is so exhausted is because his left ventricle is leaking and his right ventricle is failing; with the failed left ventricle running only by the heart pump and the right one quickly failing, it is time for the transplant team to get serious about finding Dick a new heart. At this point I doubt if they would give him a right vad so the prayer request is for the perfect heart to come quickly. Like I said to our friend, I can't get him one, only God can provide one for him. The strength and peace Dick needs will come back again only though God's grace.
Thank you for your prayer support.