Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A beautiful day!

PRAISE THE LORD!  Our first somewhat "normal day."  May I say, the sun is shinning and I feel like I have the man I married  back. Dick went to Minnehaha County Commission meeting and I was able to work.  A pot of spaghetti sauce is on the stove infusing our home with onion, garlic, and the fresh tomatoes picked from our garden. The green peppers are on the vine and the Lisianthus are blooming and life is good.  Isn't it amazing what a smile can do!

I have always said "puppies and babies won't let you grieve,"  well, our 3 year old springer, Scout, is still like a puppy and between her beautiful face and sweet disposition, Dolly's death has lost its sting.


Today God has definitely blown HIS fresh breath upon us both.


This morning I met a dear friend for coffee while Dick was at his first commission meeting, and when I returned, Dick's long time friend Rick was sitting in our kitchen talking to Dick.  It is as if God pushed a button and life has returned. These past few days have been so different from today.  Just as I was thinking, "How can we get through this,” wonderful friends with personal visits, flowers, and prayers filled our lives.  Thank you Glenny, Rick Susan, Kim, Melissa, Rosemary, Elaine, and Charlotte; between these last few days and today, you all have helped us more than you know. TODAY has been a great day.

Dick and I just took a short walk; he with his "red Cadillac" and I with my two very able legs, thanks to Bob Van Demark.  The sky was multi faceted with blues, pinks, yellows and golds and I could only think how wonderful God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment